Naval Under Fives is a voluntary managed charitable organisation, providing childcare and education. We have 6 settings in total. Three in Gosport, 2 in Portsmouth and 1 in Fareham. We take children from across all communities including armed forces and civilian.
Charity Number 1036832
At Naval Under Fives we believe in providing a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment that builds on each individual child’s needs and interests, in which they can grow and learn through play.
We are committed to providing the best possible start for all children in our care, teaching them skills and providing experiences to ensure their well-being and future success.
We provide nurturing home from home learning environments, fostering creativity and development.
All our families, Armed Forces and Civilian, are unique. We provide care and support and have a true understanding of the forced separation many Forces families face. We show our families compassion and support during these times.
Our vision is that for every child, time spent with us is an enjoyable, safe, happy and stimulating experience. We want children to be happy, confident, well-rounded individuals with a love for learning.
We believe that all children and families have a right to:
- Feel valued as an individual
- Know that they have a voice and feel heard
- Feel protected and cared about
- Be happy, healthy enthusiastic and confident
- Have high self-esteem, self-worth and resilience
- Feel safe and secure and have a sense of belonging
- Be empowered to meet their own needs
- Respect themselves, each other and their communities
- Be lifelong learners
To achieve this, we will:
- Put children and their families at the heart of everything we do
- Provide enabling physical and emotional environments
- Encourage the use of our keep in touch boxes during times of family separation
- Celebrate individuality and diversity, valuing and respecting everyone
- Recognise and celebrate the successes and achievements of everyone; children, families and staff
- Listen, respect and respond to all who use our settings; children, parents, employees, volunteers and other professionals
- Work together with parents as partners to enhance learning and care
- Support all transitions, whether they are from home to pre-school, pre-school to school or within the ebb and flow of the day
- Maintain professional integrity, high standards and act as positive role models
- Delivering a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum which encompasses the acquisition and development of skills, understanding and knowledge. This curriculum provides opportunities for children to explore, show curiosity, experiment, investigate and learn through play.
- Be reflective of our practices, reviewing and responding to community needs which will inform our continuing development
The team is made up of staff of all ages, backgrounds and experience. Naval Under Fives support staff in their training from apprenticeships upwards.